Monday, March 8, 2010

Starting a business - read this

One sunny day a idea came to my mind and I started on this journey called business. I would like to share my experiences on this journey so far. Starting a business is like a marriage. When you are not married you want to get married and when you are married you think to yourself why did I get married. Business is the same, it looks so nice and lucrative from outside and when you are in it, you say to yourself "what did I get myself into" ?

I was sitting in a client meeting when the client expressed a concern on how to train the end users and wish there was something which could help the end user. Now, I am talking about SAP HR. An idea came to my mind then, what if I capture all the processes and create videos for the end user to learn at his own pace. Great idea, did my research nothing out there and this is how I embarked on this journey called business.

Now from my personal experience and suggestion to all who want to get into business, I have two words for you "DO IT" only if you have the thirst to succeed, fire in the belly, persistent, determined no matter what and willing to take risk. Also remember the first 6 months means time away from family. It sure is fun but lot's of hard work, lot's of stressful moments in between. My business has still not generated any revenue as yet, I am still working to deliver the best to my future clients and I have still not completed the 6months window but I thought I will share my experience now and also do it after 6months. I will surely share my experience when I make the first sale and the feeling of achieving something, till then back to working hard.

Stephen Sequeira
www.perfectresource.net

No comments:

Post a Comment